Friday, June 15, 2012

Syria: needs increase as situation deteriorates

15-06-2012 Operational Update No 05/12

Since early May, the situation has been deteriorating in several parts of Syria. Fighting between government forces and armed opposition groups continues in Idlib, Rural Idlib, Rural Damascus, Hama, Lattakia and, to a lesser extent, in Rural Aleppo, Dar'a and Deir Ezzor. Civilians continue to flee and needs are increasing.

There have been dozens of casualties in Houla, al-Qubeir and al-Hiffa, and people have been losing their lives on a daily basis in other areas affected by the fighting. "I now have nothing but the clothes on my back," said Um Mahmoud, a 52-year-old widow who fled Mazra'at al-Qubeir, in Hama governorate, alone. "I myself don't have anyone to worry about, but I cannot help but put myself in the place of my neighbours who left their relatives behind," she added. Thousands have fled their homes since May, and many more continue to flee in search of safety

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment